SmartClient 5.7b1 is a beta release - partial list of fixes and enhancements:
- New: Beta level support for the Opera browser
- New: Beta level support for the Safari 3.0 beta for Windows browser
- New: Beta level support for the Adobe Apollo desktop runtime engine
- New: Support for drag and drop of records between databound ListGrids, supporting
standard ListGrid dragDataActions
- New: Chart interface and FusionChart implementation, with ListGrid and CubeGrid integration
- New: APIs for retrieving and setting view state (tree open nodes, selected nodes, etc) on
ListGrid and TreeGrid (see ViewState group)
- Enhanced: Toolstrip enhancements to allow vertical operation
- New: listGridField.canToggle for one-click value changing for boolean and valueMapped fields
- New: jsonPrefix/Suffix to enable easier wrapping of JSON responses to avoid spoof attacks
not acceptable to IE ("null" string key in Map already OK)
- Fixed: workaround for IE native bug when FileLoader loads dozens of JS files in a single
- Fixed: issue where saving tree nodes would pull in entire Tree datastructure
- New: API DynamicForm.itemChange()
- Fixed: certain special characters hanging search in documentation viewer
- Fixed: simultaneous native tooltip and SmartClient hover if setProperties(prompt) called
- Fixed: inability to suppress prompt on filterEditor in ListGrid
- Fixed: a server bug that, with schemaless XML to JS transform, would drop the second and
later elements of the same name
- Enhanced: dynamic WSDL loading (loadWSDL()) now works without the SmartClient server
- New: added example configuration for connectng Messaging module to Apache ActiveMQ
- Enhanced: expanded documentation on component schema
- Fixed: Admin Console: case where changing the default database would not update to
display the new default database
- Enhanced: If a layout is initialized with a null slot in the members array, log a warning
message and remove the empty slot
- New: support for dsRequest.useFlatHeaderFields
- New: WSDL tab in developer console now allows interactive testing of WSDL services
- Fixed: an issue where SpinnerItems allowed trailing alpha characters to be entered
- Enhanced: Modifications to the Time class and related systems to ensure that all Time type fields
are stored and retrieved as UTC timezone times rather than local times. Avoids the need
to adapt time values to browser locale
- Enhanced: MenuButtons now hilite the access key by default
- Fixed: disallow editing of fields marked as disabled in a ListGrid.
- Fixed: bug where relogin dialog could fail to be displayed after session timeout in
Internet Explorer on HTTPS sites using document.domain
- Enhanced: expanded documentation of properties used to customize ListGrid headers
- New: implemented additional ListGrid styling control via ListGridField.baseStyle,
- New: exposed FormItem.form - read only property to access a FormItem's dynamicForm.
- Fixed: an issue whereby user could not reliably tab through toolbar buttons on the
SmartClient ask / warn dialogs.
- New: support for customizing the cursors applied to the SplitBar class
- New: troubleshooting documentation covering the most common issues arising during
- Fixed: Internet Explorer-only bug whereby list grid editing focus could unexpectedly
be taken from the edit field in some cases.
- New: class RestDataSource provides cookbook integration with generic back ends (Ruby, PHP,
Perl, etc) using XML or JSON communication over HTTP.
- New: exposed various advanced properties on the Class class which apply to expanding the
SmartClient class system, including class.init() class.addPropertiesOnCreate
- Fixed: bug where a Canvas could be mis-detected as having been explicitly sized by the
end user if setOverflow() was called with certain timing
- Fixed: bug where the view could not be automatically detected by a ViewLoader if the
last created component auto-created peers
- Fixed: problem where getters and setters would not be automatically shown in documentation
- New: ListGrid method 'focusInFilterEditor([fieldName])' to focus in the filter editor for a
field (if showing)
- New: system helper methods isc.sortObject() and isc.sortObjectByProperties() for sorting
- Fixed: case where old views would not be hidden in response to viewLoader.setViewURL()
- Fixed: issue in the ListGrid whereby if leaveScrollbarGap was set to false, when
scrollbars were hidden, the space used by the scrollbar would not always be reclaimed
- New: publicly supported APIs DynamicForm.setValueMap() and ListGrid.setValueMap() for
updating the valueMap of fields at runtime
- New: methods 'fetchData()' and 'filterData()' on the DynamicForm and ValuesManager
class. Allows the developer to perform a fetch and display the first record returned in the
- New: API LinkItem.linkTitle
- Fixed: a number of minor platform-specific ListGrid inline editing bugs
- New / Enhanced: Menus now support items and setItems() as synonyms of
data and setData()
- Fixed: a number of minor platform-specific ListGrid inline editing bugs
- Enhanced/Fixed: TabIndex management improvements
- Enhanced: Reference Documentation expanded and improved
- Fixed: updating titles of SmartClient ask and warn dialgos
- Fixed: CubeGrid facet drag reordering in column headers could error out depending on mouse
position on drop
- Enhanced: StretchImgButtons.wrap property applied to button titles
- Fixed: SectionStack.setSectionTitle() could fail to update the title in certain SectionStacks
- Fixed: SpinnerItems would allow trailing non-numeric characters to be entered
- Fixed: Format of values from SelectItems with multiple specified as true when committed
to the server now matches format of native HTML multiple select items.
- New / Enhanced: New ListGrid attributes recordBaseStyleProperty and
recordCustomStyleProperty allow for greater control of per-record styling.
- Fixed (platform-specific): FormItem.setDisabled(false); could leave items
inaccessable in some cases
- New: Standard "mustBeExactLength" error message for lengthRange validators where
max and min values match
- New / Enhanced: New filter-editor related APIs: ListGrid.filterOnKeypress and
- Enhanced: Improved support and documentation for dateFormatter (may be applied to
ListGrids / ListGridFields or FormItems
- Enhanced: WSDL schema viewer in the developerConsole now allows interactive tests of WSDL
services and generates sample requests and responses.
- Enhanced: Safari support for Messaging (server push) and limited support for XPath
- New: Tab.canClose and Tab.canCloseTabs properties
- New: Support for ListGridField.icon
- New: Support for Button.iconClick
- Enhanced: isOneOf type validators pick up any specified valueMap as the set of
valid options by default.
- Enhanced: comboBoxItem pickLists now auto-size to their content by default
- Enhanced: Enforcing item.length limits for textual data in all form item types, not
- Enhanced: Improved and expanded localization APIs and documentation
- Enhanced: Various documentation updates and additions, including HTTPProxy installation,
clarifications on Skinning
- New / Enhanced: support for dataSource.schemaNamespace
- New / Enhanced: support for new dataSource / operationBinding dataProtocol settings
"postXML" vs "postMessage"
- New: Added RPC tab to the Developer Console for improved RPC debugging
- Enhanced: Improved handling of optionDataSource, displayField and
valueField on FormItems and ListGrid fields.
- New: Window APIs dismissOnEscape and shouldDismissOnEscape()
- Fixed / Enhanced: Text based form items where changeOnKeypress is true now fire change
handlers in response to context menu cut/paste
- Enhanced: Support for building Hibernate dataSources in the dataSource wizard
(visual builder application)
- New: isc.showLoginDialog() API to handle complete login flow
- New: ComboBoxItem.showAllOptions attribute
- Enhanced: APIs for finer control of accessKey hiliting in button title
- Enhanced: Improved support for menu fields
- New: Server side support for JDK 1.6
- Enhanced: SDK embedded servlet engine updated to Tomcat 5.5. Note that Java SDK is no
longer required to run the embedded server.
- Enhanced: Numerous skinning improvements
SmartClient 5.6b1 is a beta release - partial list of fixes and enhancements:
- isc.FL alias for isc.FileLoader
- Ascending/descending images in TreeGrid skins were reversed in some skins. Fixed.
- Added default edge media for skins other than SmartClient.
- FileDownload configuration - added default expiration for mimeType image/x-icon: 1day
- Added collapse indicator on all Layout resize bars.
- Fixed some pickLists overflowing offscreen, introducing page-level scrolling.
- Improved stack trace reporting in IE7
- Fixed problem with Window maximize/minimize inside Layouts.
- Improved support for the Window.src attribute
- New API: RPCmanager/RPCRequest.promptStyle and related attributes.
- Improved i18n documentation - making it easier to determine localizeable strings in SmartClient components.
- New SmartClient module: History - supports synthetic history creation and navigation via
back/forward browser buttons and direct history navigation in IE, Firefox.
- Various reference documentation fixes.
- Fixed certain kinds of links in the reference documentation view not working.
- Fixed TreeGrid dragTracker disappearing when dragged node had no icon.
- New APIs: ListGrid.getFieldState(),setFieldState(),fieldStateChanged()
- Added extensive documentation on performance optimization techniques. See Optional
Modules->Network Performance and sub-topics in the reference docs.
- New API: isc.clone()
- Added example of integration with Hibernate and associated documentation in reference docs.
- Ensure that all DSResponse records go through valueXPath interpolation when returned via
the Java RPCManager class.
- Embedded HSQLDB bumped to latest release version (1.8.7).
- DataSource DMI: provide DSRequest criteria as bean binding to target method if DSRequest
values are null.
- Fixed TabSet.getSelectedTabNumber() reporting incorrect tab if new tabs were dynamically
inserted before the currently selected tab.
- Significant usability, stability improvements to Visual Builder tool.
- Improvent to TreeGrid spring-loaded folders: allow spring-loading even if the current drop
target will not accept a drop of the currently dragged data.
- Fixed keyboard navigation of Menus not starting at first menu item in certain circumstances.
- New API: ListGrid.autoSaveEdits and other multi-row edit properties.
- Support page setting document.domain. This case is automatically detected, no
configuration is necessary.
- Support keyboard navigation on a closed, databound select iff all data is loaded.
- New API: TreeGrid.canDropOnLeaves().
- Fixed bug in ListGrid.cellHasChanges() side-effecting submitted values in certain
- Callback supplied to ListGrid.saveEdits() now fired on validation failure and takes
- Added additional styling options to DateChooser.
- Various SelectItem/PickList fixes.
- Various ListGrid inline editing fixes.
- Fixed ListGrid.showField()/hideField() called before draw() would produce incorrect result.
- Fixed xmlNamespaces specified on DataSource operationBinding not being respected.
- Fixed slide/wipe animations of members with showEdges: true inside Layouts.
- Fixed single-section SectionStack having first section forced open even if it was
explicitly marked expanded: false.
- DMI configuration - When serverConfig specifies lookupType="factory", the create() method
of the factory is now dynamically passed the serverConfig configuration as a Map. This allows
you to to retrieve custom attributes of the serverConfig object.
- Tab scroller menu on TabSet had problems with long tab names. Fixed.
- Fixed rendering issues with ComboBox icons.
©2007 Isomorphic Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Your use of this software
is subject to the License Agreement.
Isomorphic Software, SmartClient, and all Isomorphic-based names and logos that appear herein are
trademarks or registered trademarks of Isomorphic Software, Inc. All other product or company names
that appear herein may be claimed as trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
This product includes Hypersonic SQL.